Definitions and interpretation
1. In this policy, the following definitions are used.
Data - Collectively all information that you submit to Tinkers wax melts via the website. The definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the data protection laws.
Cookies - A small text file placed on your device by this website when you visit certain parts of the website and/or when you use certain features of the website,
Data protection laws - Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal data, including but not limited to the directive 96/46/EC (Data protection directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK.
GDPR - The general data protection regulation (EU) 2016/679
UK and EU cookie law - The privacy and electronic communications (EC directive) regulations 2003 as amended by the privacy and electronic communications (EC directive) (amendment)Regulations 2011.
User or You - Any third part that accesses the website and is not either (i) employed by Tinkers wax melts and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Tinkers wax melts and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such services.
Website - The website you are currently using www.tinkerswaxmelts.com and any sub domains of this site.
2. In this policy, unless the context requires a different interpretation:
a. The singular includes the plural and vice versa.
c. A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entitles, trusts and partnerships.
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation"
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment to it.
4. For purposes of the applicable data protection laws, tinkers wax melts is the "data controller". This means that tinkers wax melts determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your data is processed.
5. we may collect the following data, which includes personal data, from you:
a. Contact information including, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers;
b. IP address (automatically collected);
in each case in accordance with this policy.
How we collect data
6. We collect data in the following ways;
a. Data is given by you; and
b. Data is collected automatically.
Data that is given by you
7. Tinkers wax melts will collect your data in a number of ways, for example;
a. when you contact us through the website, telephone, email or through any other means.
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services
c. when you make payments to us, through our website or otherwise, in each case, in accordance with this policy.
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access this website we will collect your data automatically for example;
a. We automatically collect some information about your visit to the website. This helps us to make improvements to website content, and navigation, this includes your IP address, the dates, times and frequency with which you access the website and the way you use interact with the contents.
b. we will collect your data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies and how we use them please see the section below titled cookies.
Who we share data with
9. We may share your data with our employees and/or professional advisors - to allow for order sorting and delivery of service.
Keeping data secure
10. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data, for example;
a. access to your account is controlled via a password and a username that is unique to you.
b. we store your data on secure servers held by Create (the website hosting organisation).
11. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your data, please let us know immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
12. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and you computers and devices against fraud, identify theft, viruses and many other problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get safe online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
14. Even if we delete your data it may exist on back up or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
15. You have the following rights in relation to your data;
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of any information we hold about you at any time, (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request if "manifestly unfounded or excessive" Where we are legally permitted to do so we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - The right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - The right to request that we remove your data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your data - The right to "block" us from using your data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - The right to request that we move copy or transfer your data.
f. Right to object - The right to object to our use of your data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
16. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your data), please contact us via this email address: email@example.com
17. If you are not satisfied with way in which a complaint you make in relation to your data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the Uk this is the information commissioners office (ICO). The ICOs contact details can be found on their website https://ico.org.uk/.
18. It is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if the data we hold about you changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
21. All cookies used by this website are used in accordance with relevant UK and EU cookie law.
22. Before the website places cookies on your device you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of those cookies you are enabling tinkers wax melts to provide a better service.
23. The website may place cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include for example, cookies to allow you to log in to secure areas of our website, use a shopping e-cart or make use of e-billing services.
24. You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser.
25. For more information on cookies including how to disable them please refer to aboutcookies.org
28. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
29. This agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact us be emailing firstname.lastname@example.org